Things that should be sent by the parents
1. Toothbrush 2. Toothpaste 3. Diapers (if the child still requires them) 4. Baby wipes (if the child still requires them) 5. Plastic smock
Please bring also:
1. Photocopy of the vaccine registry 2. Photocopy of the birth certificate We kindly ask you to purchase several sets of uniforms, which can be: dress, shorts, and a t-shirt with or without sleeves. To this end the child’s measures need to be taken: shoulder-shoulder, shoulder*knee (just above the knee), shoulder – midst of the arm, circumference of the arm, circumference of the torso, and circumference of the waist. White, dark blue or black shoes are required.
Each morning, at 9:30 am the children receive a very nutritious snack consisting of fruits, cookies and a fruit juice. We ask the parents not to send other food to the school, on the one hand to avoid that the other children covet the different food and on the other hand so that the children do not eat their own food outside of snack time.
PRESCHOOL AND ELEMENTARY
We kindly ask you to respect certain basic rules when delivering the child, please consider the following:
- Deliver the child bathed/clean (teeth brushed, clean clothes, etc.)
- Please respect the hours which are from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm and from 1 to 3 pm.
- Inform the school’s personnel in time if the child is picked-up by another person than usual or somebody unknown. Please call 26 56 08 97, or 88 41 64 41.
- Please do not bring your child to the school when sick in order to diminish any danger of infection.
NOTE FOR ALL CHILDREN AND PARENTS
We also recommend strongly not to give your children sugary cookies, cakes, chocolates or sweets in the mornings. Sugar elevates the risk of hyperactivity, the deficit attention syndrome, overweight and high cholesterol levels in the blood. A good breakfast should include vitamins (fruits), carbohydrates (granola, enriched cereals, integral bread), calcium and other minerals (eggs, yoghurts, cheese, and a glass of milk). Children who have a good breakfast have a greater capacity for calculating, reading and they show better concentration in school, they also don’t crave for sweets all the time. A good nutrition garanties good health and promotes a good development of the brain. The children who stay for the afternoon program can remain at the school or be picked-up for lunch (12 – 1 pm). During this hour an adult supervises the children. Lunch can be sent by the parents (microwave available at school) or hot lunch can be bought at the school for 1,500 colones everyday. If the child attends the afternoon program we kindly ask to send along another snack (fruits, yoghurt, integral cookies, a natural fruit juice, etc.). Thanks to all parents for supporting our efforts in offering a better education to our children!